Heritage Open Days 2015 run from the 10th to the 15th September and the following Catholic sites are opening their doors during at least one of those days.
Please see the Heritage Open Days website for more information on a particular venue.
North East England
- St Cuthbert’s RC Church, Old Elvet – 1827 church by Ignatius Bonomi.
- Ushaw College – Former Catholic seminary
- Biddlestone Hall RC Chapel – Private family oratory.
- St Charles Borromeo RC Church, Hull – 1829 Rococo style church.
- St Hilda’s RC Church, Whitby – 1867 church by Hadfield
- St Cuthbert’s Church, Bradford – Grade II listed church with artwork by Eric Gill
North West England
- St Werburgh RC Church, Chester – 1875 church by Edmund Kirby.
- St Alban RC Church, Macclesfield – One of AWN Pugin’s best preserved churches.
- St Ann’s RC Church, Ashton under Lyne – Historic church by EW Pugin.
- St Christopher’s RC Church, Hurst Cross – Post-war split level church
- St Chad’s RC Church, Cheetham Hill – The Manchester Oratory – 1847 gothic church presently under restoration.
- Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes, Blackpool – Post-war chapel and shrine.
- Our Lady’s RC Church, Brownedge – Benedictine priory church.
- St Clare’s RC Church, Liverpool
- St Francis Xavier RC Church, Liverpool – Grade II* Listed Jesuit church dating from 1848
- Church of the Sacred Heart, Darwen
- St Joseph’s RC Church, Darwen
South East England
- Inglewood House, Kintbury, Hungerford – Former De La Salle College
- St James RC Church, Reading – Pugin’s first Catholic Church, dating from 1837
- Our Lady of Good Counsel & St Peter RC Church, March – Post war catholic parish church.
- Sacred Heart RC Church, St Ives – A church moved ‘brick by brick’ from Cambridge in 1902.
- St James the Less RC Church, Colchester – 1837 church by J.J. Scholes
- Our Lady & St Andrew RC Church, Hitchin
- RC Church of the Holy Rood, Watford – Grade 1 listed church
- Our Lady RC Church, King’s Lynn – 1896 church
- St Mary the Virgin, Guildford – 1847 church
- St Raphael’s RC Church, Kingston upon Thames – 1847 Grade II* Listed church
South West England
- Our Lady of the Assumption RC Church, Tavistock – Grade II* Listed former Anglican church.
- Lulworth Castle RC Chapel – 18th century private oratory.
- Eyre Chapel – Private oratory by Hansom
- St Joseph’s RC Church – Post-war church.
- St Peter’s RC Church, Gloucester – 1858 gothic church by Blount.
- St Edmund & Frideswide RC Church & Friary – Greyfriars Friary
- St Giles RC Church, Cheadle, Staffs – One of AWN Pugin’s finest churches
- Holy Trinity, Newcastle under Lyme – 1834 church in Medieval gothic style
- Cloughton Court, Alcester – Tudor stately home. Home to the recusant Catholic Throckmorton family
- Leamington Spa Mission – 1828 former Catholic church
- Leamington Spa Polish RC Church – 1830 former town hall.
- Princethorpe College, Rugby – Former Benedictine Priory from 1833.
- St Chad’s Cathedral, Birmingham – AWN Pugin’s Cathedral.
- Birmingham Oratory – Grade II listed Italian Baroque complex and church